The NAC- OSCE examination assesses the readiness of an IMG for entrance into a Canadian residency match. It is a national, standardized examination to tests the clinical knowledge, clinical and communication skills and attitudes necessary for entrance into postgraduate training in Canada. It comprises 12 clinical stations presenting typical clinical scenarios related to medicine, pediatrics, obstetrics, gynecology, psychiatry and surgery.
What We Do:
This course will prepare you for your NAC-OSCE examination .We provide a learning experience as close to the real exam setting as possible.we develop efficiency in the following areas
Treatment plan & Management
We also focus on Body language, approach and effective communication as well as
Timing and sequencing of History & physical Examination
We assist to prepare Script and practice High yield clinical scenarios
We also hold Focused strategy sessions and Frequent practice mock exam sessions in small groups.
This course runs for 10 weeks with 4 classes per week. Classes run for 3 hours.
This course runs for 16 weeks with 2 classes per week. Classes run for 3 hours.
Full Course for March 2018 Exam: $1999
Flexible Payment Options available. Call us for more information: 1(888) 341-9392
Following are examples of topics that will be taught with the help of slides and videos and daily hands on practice.
- History taking –medicine general format
- Specific format
- Difficulty in swallowing
- ACUTE Chest pain –
- CHRONIC Chest pain
- I am short of breath (Congestive heart failure)
- My Heart is racing (palpitation)
- Fever / feeling tired
- Ankle swelling – Bilateral
- Ankle swelling – Unilateral
- Elevated liver enzymes
- Macrocytic Anemia (B12 Deficiency)
- High Creatinine
- With family (Patient in Ventilator)
- HIV post-test
- Epilepsy Counselling
- Pre-diabetes – Counselling
- INR – Counselling
- blood transfusion – counsel for possible adverse reactions
- Renal stones
- Lump in Neck
- Lump in Breast
- Trauma —- ATLS guidelines
- Seizing Patient
- Chest Pain ACLS guidelines
- Chest pain with normal ECG
- Chest pain with STEMI
- v fibrillation / v tachy.(ACLS guidelines)
- Heart block —-ACLS guidelines
- Acute Abdominal Pain
- Upper GIT bleeding
- Lower GIT bleeding
- ECG interpretation
- Medical Physical Exam
- Abdominal examination:
- Liver Examination
- Hematological Examination. (Nasal bleed)
- Chest Examination.
- Cardiac Examination
- Peripheral Arterial Disease Examination
- Diabetic Foot
- Neurological Examination .
- Cranial Nerves Examination.
- Neck (Thyroid Exam)
- Neck Examination (lymph nodes )
- Carpal Tunnel Syndrome (CTS)
- Hand and Wrist Laceration examination
- Acute Back Pain. Examination
- Chronic Back Pain Examination
- Ankle examination
- Shoulder Joint and Elbow examination
- Hip Joint examination
- Knee Joint examination
- History taking general Pediatrics.
- Crying Baby
- Chronic Cough – Asthma .
- Vomiting .
- Mother’s concern about her child weight .
- Runny Nose / Flu / URTI Rash .
- Delayed Speech.
- Counselling (paediatrics)
- ADHD counselling
- Vaccination counselling.
- Child with DM counselling
- Bed wetting counselling
- Breast feeding counselling
- Seizing child counselling
- History taking general format
- Specific format
- pregnant lady
- Vaginal Discharge
- Vaginal Bleeding – Non-Pregnant /Pregnant Ante-Partum Hemorrhage
- Abnormal Uterine Bleeding (AUB).
- Amenorrhea .
- Caesarean Section – Counselling – wants to have CS.
- Caesarean Section – Counselling – does not want to have CS ..
- OCPs / Contraception Counselling .
- HRT counselling.
- Needle Stick Counselling – HIV .
- Counselling – PAP smear ..
- Antenatal Counselling.
- Woman wanting an abortion.
- Mental status exam General psychiatry interview.
- Panic attack.
- Sleep / fatigue
- Schizotypal personality disorder
- Domestic Violence
- Spouse Abuse.
- Child Abuse
- Domestic abuser
- Depression management / counselling..
- Premenstrual Dysphoric Disorder (PMDD).
- Somatoform disorders DD .
- Drug seeker
- Manic patient .
- Suicidal attempt .
- Eating disorder.
- Mini-mental status exam
- Smoking Cessation
- Refusal to treatment
- Organ Donation.
- Breaking Bad News